It’s been a long cold winter, everyone has been freezing! Most of the country may still be clutched in winter’s chilly grip, but spring is just around the corner. This marks the time of year when the forces of sunlight and warmth begin to outshine the forces of dark and cold, with each day bringing more sun than the last. It is a season of optimism, change, and new beginnings. For these reasons and more, spring is the time we celebrate and prepare for outdoor summer activities and more time in the backyard. What a better way to celebrate the warm weather than with awnings.
Even though summer happens to be several months away, now is a great time to start preparing for the warm spring and hot summer days which will be here before you know it. One important part of your preparation should involve taking a look at the many huge benefits provided by shade structures and shade covers such as awnings. There is no doubt that awnings will serve you and your family well during the hottest months of the year.
Why You Should Install Awnings In Spring
Having new awnings installed in spring ensures that you get to enjoy your new shade covers ahead of the warmer weather. If you’re planning on using your awnings during the summer then the most ideal moment to start preparing to have your shade structures installed is not in December because you could end up missing out on the best moments during the bright summer sun to use your new shade covers.
Having your awnings installed in spring also allows you to take advantage of the relatively predictable weather. The spring season is characterised by more predictable weather compared to that of the summer season. During the summer season, the weather can be very unpredictable, shifting from hot weather to stormy, rainy conditions with little or no warning. During the spring season the weather tends to be more bearable and the warm conditions makes it easy to install an awning on the deck or patio without experiencing any delays or disruptions due to weather issues such as thunderstorms. By preparing and installing awnings now, you’ll be ready to enjoy a dream deck or patio awning once warmer weather arrives.
How Awnings Could Come In Handy During Summer – The Benefits of Awnings
It’s never too early to prepare for summer, so be sure to pick up your awnings products today! With high quality awnings, you’ll be able to enjoy cooler and more bearable Australian summers for a very long time to come. These shade covers are extremely effective at providing soothing shade, and can be a great idea if you have a patio, deck, pergola, pool area or perhaps windows that are exposed to a lot of sunlight penetration. They shelter these areas from the elements, keeping them cool and dry by providing protection against the sun’s heat, rain and other conditions.
There’s no denying that the Aussie sun can be harsh and the spontaneous summer rain showers heavy. Reading, playing, enjoying a delicious meal or a refreshing beverage, or doing anything outdoors can be difficult due to the harsh Aussie sun. It is also hard to relax with family and friends in the scorching summer heat.
Fortunately, awnings can help fix this dilemma by providing shade and enough UV protection over your outdoor living space. With the right awning, you can control the light entering the area, block the harmful UV rays that could ruin your furniture and health, and keep your patio or deck at a more comfortable temperature. It will allow you to enjoy the great outdoors, anytime, even in the middle of a blazing summer.
Installing well-designed and attractive awnings will add to the character and style of your home. These shade structures, in fact, can make your home more marketable in the real estate market if you decide to sell. By taking advantage of the wide range of colours, designs and awning styles available, you can create an attractive outdoor living space and enhance your home’s curb appeal to attract potential property buyers.
Awnings also offer great benefits in reducing energy costs during the hot summer months. These shade covers will not only keep your deck or patio cool, they can help reduce heat gain inside your home by as much as 75% and reduce sunlight penetration and sun’s glare through your windows by as much as 90%. They offer one of the most effective ways to minimize heat gain and prevent cooling energy loss in your home.
With spring upon us, here are a few tips to help you get organised to install your new shade structures.
1. Plan and prepare awnings measurements or area estimates. Find out how much space (area of awning projection) your new awning may require. Make sure there are no obstructions, and area matches your location and structural needs.
2. Know your awning’s height. Your awning should be at least 8 feet from the ground, depending on the level elevation, and how far your shade covering will extend.
3. Determine your awning projection length. Find out how far your awning should project, or extend. This will allow you to ensure that the frame has enough strength to support the awning fabric material and stand against wind shear and sudden weather changes.
4. Consider your awning’s hood requirements. The awning hood consists of a tough protective covering, which protects the motor from water damage and also shields the retracted awning fabric from water, mildew, insects and birds. Be sure to leave some clearance space for your awning hood.
5. Consider various awning mounting alternatives. Make sure you find the perfect awing height, elevation and mounting location. If this is proving a challenge, ask your awning company for advice on how to mount your awning in the area of your choice. Established awning installers typically carry a complete line of awnings with modern designs, which can be custom designed to fit and suit your home’s space. Such awning specialists can assist you with choosing high quality awning products and accessories to fit your specific needs and requirements, and also help you with other aspects of preparation, planning and installation.
If you need help on some of this stuff, we can help. Contact us for help and direction on the types of awnings that are right for your space.