Ensuring the longevity of your awning can easily be achieved by following our simple care and maintenance instructions.
If your awning represents your business, you also want to give potential customers the best impression.
1) Roll up your retractable awnings during high winds or storms. Protecting your investment from the elements is the first step to having it last long.
2) Do not let the water pool down on your folding arm awning fabric. Folding arm awnings are designed to be used as a sun shelter only.
3) Clean the powder-coated metal components and profiles with mild soapy water and rinse off twice a year. Make sure to do this more often if you live in a coastal environment, as dirt and salt build-up impact the lifespan of the powder coating.
4) Sparingly apply light lubricating oil (SAE30 or similar) to moving components annually. Try to avoid getting oil on the awning fabric as it might stain.
5) Brush the fabric dry with a soft brush to remove dirt. Dust and ingrained dirt will benefit from an occasional hosing as well.
6) Do not use soaps, detergents, solvents or other liquid cleansers on the fabric. These harsh chemicals will most likely harm the awning fabric, and impact its usability.
Follow these tips and instructions for your cleaning routine to help keep your awning looking its best for longer.
Get in touch to receive a Quick Estimate for your next outdoor project.